Monday 11 January 2016

Arrival at Pallaeni

With a heavy heart, and my trip to the Pleiades Nebula a fond memory, The Daggerbite has now reached the shores of Pallaeni. This will be the starting point of the Distant Worlds Expedition. I’ve been here for a few days now, pottering around and exploring the local fauna.

The lovely Bakewell Point, overlooking Pallaeni A1

Pallaeni is a pretty interesting system - the Class M sun is lovely and bright and very visible from the local planetary bodies (as the postcards below will show.)

The Pallaeni System

I’ve spent a few days exploring Pallaeni A1, a ~33% high metal content world. Notably it’s misshapen shape (a potato planet I think it’s known as) has left plenty of interesting craters and crevasses to duck in and out of.




Once you get inside a canyon and drop deeper, and the ever-present sun is removed from view, it’s terrifyingly dark. You literally can’t see anything unless you get close enough to the floor for your ships lighting to illuminate the rocky surface. I like it!

It's quite... dark down here
Overall though I’m a little bored - I want to get started with this expedition! Who knows what wonders (and calamities) will befall us (well me..) across 65,000LY.

Thursday is still the planned date for the expedition start, although I won’t be able to be around for the starting festivities due to a prior engagement. Which makes me think I should set off now to the first waypoint (WP1) - Fine Ring Sector JH-V C2-4 A1.


 Few additional shots from my time around here -






No comments:

Post a Comment