Saturday 9 January 2016

The Giant Mountain of Hyades

Hyades Sector AQ-Y D72 8B was a craggy rock in the depths of space. It also featured the highest mountain I've found so far - estimated in the 30km range according to my rough (and probably rubbish) calculations.





I didn't try landing on this beast, simply buzzed past a few times to gauge it's scale.

Note I was already above the 'ground level' here, on the base of the rising mountain, so my height from the surface isn't really accurate.

Gratuitous over-shoulder shot

And you can really see the cragginess of this rocky place

So does anyone have a good method of calculating mountain height? During the Distant Worlds expedition I'd like to try and find some decent sized ones and calculate (and even rank) them.

No comments:

Post a Comment